What’s Go Media Been Up To? – November 2012
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals
We have been crazy busy here at Go Media. Last week, as many of us were stuffing our faces with turkey and mashed taters, the Arsenal team was gearing up for our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. We have to give a HUGE thank you to all of our fans out there for showing up and snagging our special deals on vector packs & mockup templates, as well as, a 31% discount on any other product on the Arsenal. You guys totally ROCK OUR SOCKS!
On The Map
This month also marked the anniversary of On The Map (OTM) and in honor of this accomplishment, we held our 2nd annual screening party. Thank you to everyone for coming out to the Go Media Headquarters. It was so wonderful to meet so many of our fans in the flesh, y’all are an attractive bunch!
If you aren’t a local Clevelander or just couldn’t make it out to the event, then you have to check out the videos featuring the hottest businesses in Cleveland, handpicked by the Go Media team! I know many of us are already making plans to eat some tasty treats at places like Luna Bakery & Le Petit Triangle, gobbling up the best sushi in town at Ginko, slurping up the best coffee in Cleveland at Rising Star Coffee Roasters, buying some beautiful handmade furniture at Reincarnation, being a bookworm at Visible Voice Books, marveling at the art of Rose Iron Works Blacksmith Shop, and for the adventurous spirit in all of us, checking out the sexy motorcycles of Cleveland Cyclewerks.
Want to Contribute to the Zine?
- Have an interesting design story to tell?
- Want to be featured on the GoMediaZine?
- Well, then contact the GoMediaZine manager, Marissa Mele at [email protected] for more info.
What The Team Has Been Up To
- Interviewing for Jr. Designers and Project Managers
- Sketches for a new welding helmet design for Lincoln Electric
- Helping and promoting the Arsenal’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Branding for one of the nation’s largest music festivals
- Typography illustrations for a Scout Book for Earnest Machines
- Logo for a new high tech apparel company (something like UnderArmor)
- Writing songs for a new band I’m in (no name yet, but we’re pop punk)
- Still breakdancing, I participated in the Born 2 Battle event and danced quite a bit
- Reviewing applications for Jr. Designers and Project Managers
- Conducting phone interviews for both positions
- Coordinating and participating in 2nd round of interviews for both positions
- Content population for a large client website project that will be launching soon
- Preparation for our On the Map 2012 event, the evening was a great time!
- Wrote articles for the GoMediaZine:
- What’s Go Media Been Up To? – October 2012,
- New To Cleveland: A Guide to (Re)Discovering the City,
- Mockup Your Designs on 5 New Outdoor Templates,
- 50+ Inspiring Poster Designs,
- 50+ Inspiring Packaging Designs,
- Trap the Woodland Creatures Vector Pack (Freebie Inside), and
- Episode 3: The Role of a Designer
- Finding cool articles, images, and videos for the Go Media Facebook Page, the Go Media Arsenal Facebook Page, the Go Media Twitter Account, and the Go Media Pinterest Page.
- Started the Go Media Instagram account (why not follow us?)
- Managing and contributing to the GoMediaZine.
- Assisted with the release of an Arsenal product: Woodland Creatures Vector Pack.
- Reading articles and ebooks on Social Media Marketing and the book “Trust Agents“.
- Curating the Flickr Pool and published the November 2012 – Flickr Pool Showcase on the zine.
- Curating the Go Media Guest Pinner Board on Pinterest and published the 3rd Showcase on the zine.
- Assisted with and managed the creation of 5 Packaging/Stationary Templates for Mockup Everything (keep a lookout for them at the end of November).
- Responded to customer inquiries, requests, and suggestions for Mockup Everything through the Get Satisfaction Community page.
- Organized the On The Map screening party.
Developing the new Croes Oliva Group website. http://cog.gomediahost.com/
- Wrapped up WordPress development on a new client redesign. Should be launching soon.
- Continued with the development of the new Prooflab sales site, including the introduction of the “Go Media Switcher”
- Began designing the new Arsenal email template, which will accompany the launch of the redesign.
- Go Media Podcast episode #3 was released earlier in the month. Was a lot of fun and brought in some new challenges. We brought in 4 guests this time, which caused me some stress, since our studio is still a bit limited. But, we made do with what we had and put out another great episode. Looking forward to Episode #4.
- Trying to get into illustration. Really loving the Wacom tablet. Never tried to draw seriously before, so it’s been a fun experiment. Hopefully, I can start applying it to projects outside of personal whims.
- Prepping for the Black Friday + Cyber Monday Super Deals event on the Arsenal. Thanks everyone who supported us, it wouldn’t have been a success without you!
- Touching base with the CS Cart development team, who’s working hard to put the finishing touches on the back end of the new Arsenal v3. We’ve had some delays, but we hope to push it live early in 2013.
- Working with artists Steve Knerem and Heather Sakai on some new products for the Arsenal. The image below is a sneak peak of a new Dust & Particle texture pack — what do you think?
- Growing the Extended Family network of complimentary service providers
- Streamlining internal systems
- Interviewing Project Manager and sales candidates
- Churning out proposals
- Working with incubators like Bad Girl Ventures, Launchouse and Bizdom
- On The Map
- I have been working on my Growth plan, Attending Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Business Courses
- Helping interview and hire our new Project Manager and Jr. Level Designer
- Wrapping up branding project for The Village
- Assisting Jenny with sales
- Small items related to storefront renovation (on hold now till spring)