In this episode, Jeff and Bill get together to talk about how everyone’s been doing now that WMC Fest 4 is over. We also look forward to next year and what things need to change as Jeff’s vision continues to evolve. And shortly after WMC Fest, Bill launched his book: Drawn to Business. Since the launch, we’ve received some overwhelming feedback and talk about how we’re responding to some of the more negative comments.
Listen to the Podcast
Sponsor of this Episode
Cover art for this episode was also created by Simon Hartmann. He used Dustin Schmieding’s Dust Textures and Go Media Building Texture Collection. You can find textures like what he used at arsenal.gomedia.us. Credit Drew Rios for the photo.
Quick Tip: Form A Relationship With A Lawyer Before An Emergency
It’s inevitable that you’ll one day find yourself in a position where you need legal help to get out of a situation. It’s better to make the choice on which legal team to work with when you aren’t in need.
What Go Media Has Been Up To
- WMC Fest 4 is over. Lots of great memories. Did it change your life?
- Speaker videos will be released in bundles once we start getting them done. Videos are being put together by students at Virginia Marti.
- WMC Fest 5 is already in planning. Less bands and less stages is currently being discussed.
- Should WMC Fest be turned into it’s own non-profit business? Or does it require Go Media’s cashflow to continue to put it on?
- Bill’s Drawn to Business book was finally launched for a limited audience.
- One of the major issues we ran into is a “perception problem”. Many saw it as an e-book, so the price tag just didn’t make sense to most who left us feedback.
- Weapons of Mass Creation Fest 4
- ‘Drawn to Business’ book by Bill Beachy
- Go Media Building Texture Collection
- Apparel Mockup Template Collection #1
- Dustin Schmieding’s Dust Textures
- Pete Maric’s Guide to Motion Design
- Go Media on Twitter
- Simon on Twitter
- “Good to Great” book
Interested in sponsoring the Go Media podcast, either episodically or exclusively? Well, hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in advertising your business, project, event, or portfolio.
What Do You Think?
We want to hear what you think about the latest episode of our podcast and what topics you would like to see covered in upcoming episodes. Comment below with your suggestions.
Join Us Live
This episode was recorded live on September 18th, 2013 at gomediazine.com/live. Next recording will be announced in the near future.
Ready for More?
Keep learning and listening to more Go Media podcasts!