Go Media Podcast – Episode 4: Pricing, Haters, and Bad Clients
This episode answers questions that you guys sent to us in comments here on the Zine, on Facebook and over Twitter.
Listen to the Podcast
Go Media Quick Tip: Under Promise and Over Deliver
- Know what it is you can actually deliver.
- Hold back the desire to make crazy promises just to get a project.
- Hand-off between sales person and the designer is critical.
- Review proofs with the sales person before presenting.
What’s Go Media Been Up To?
- On the Map – Event recap with Chris Comella.
- Arsenal – Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
- Jeff and Jenny recently spoke about Crowd Funding and Social Media at Bad Girl Ventures and the Shaker Heights Launch House.
- “Brand Positioning and Advocacy Process” work book for designers by Jackie Bebenroth coming out next year.
- Bill attended a “Goldman Sachs 10,000 Businesses” event and met Warren Buffett.
- Bill transitions from being a designer.
- Another update on the storefront renovation.
- Do clients get in the way of good design?
- How do you deal with criticism when working with clients? – Jessie Ng
- How you guys develop Creative Briefs? – @josephnicklo
- How do you differentiate yourself in an ever homogenizing world of digital design and communication? – Stefek Andrzej
- What are the pros and cons of being a Jack of All Trades vs. having a specialization? – Raji Purcell
- How do you price your services? – Michael Greeves, Benedikt Hoffman and Anthony Gargasz
- Go Media Arsenal
- Vintage Letterpress Textures – Jeff’s favorite Arsenal texture right now.
- A Designer’s Guide to Pricing – Bill’s column about how to charge for your services.
- The Commoditization of Design and a Good Customer Experience – Podcast Episode #2 where we had a more indepth of how to set yourself apart when Design becomes a Commodity.
- On The Map (OTM)
- Go Media Twitter
Interested in sponsoring the Go Media podcast, either episodically or exclusively? Well, hit us up at [email protected] if you are interested in advertising your business.
What Do You Think?
We want to hear what you think about the latest episode of our podcast and what topics you would like to see covered in upcoming episodes. Comment below with your suggestions.