sketch to vector
The Tutorial you’ve been waiting for is finally upon us.
Long awaited, highly anticipated.
This is Dirty: From Sketch to Vector Illustration Video Tutorial is an intimate look into Bill’s design process.
Included in this 1 hour, 11 minute intimate instructional tutorial:
* All the resources you’ll need to follow along including: the extended tutorial (mp4 video), textures, pencil art, jpeg illustrations and AI illustration file
* Bill’s tips and tricks on >
– Supplies (the Staedler Mars mechanical pencil and sharpener, eraser of choice, the pros and cons of hard vs. soft lead, preferred paper type)
– Drawing (Pencil Sketch) (Getting into the right head-space, getting your arm loose, why starting with rough sketches is so important, getting started, having proper expectations of yourself, being flexible while drawing, drawing using basic geometrical shapes, drawing the human face, developing a series of cheats to draw, shading – how much black vs. white, using reference materials)
– Scanning (equipment specifications, scanning specifications)
– (Vector) Inking (Equipment and software specifications, Dell(PC) vs. Apple, Mouse vs. Wacom, nodes and bezier lines, setting up your layers, setting up gradients and picking colors, inking options, creating shapes in Illustrator, cross hatching)
– Coloring (Photoshop vs. Illustrator, setting up your layers, process strategy, highlights and secondary light source, adding shadows, adding a texture)
Stay tuned to this spot, as well as to our Arsenal to find out when and how you can buy this product.
Most Popular Posts: How to Learn Graphic Design & More by Your Friends at Go Media
Welcome to the Go Media’s Zine! Are you a passionate creative, student, designer, entrepreneur?
You’re in the right place.
Inside you’ll find the tools you’ll need to successfully do what you love. We’ll share real-world practical advice, solid business techniques, step-by-step tutorials, as well as educational podcasts and webinars to take you to the next level. We give all of our secrets away and cultivate an open environment for the sharing of insights and inspiration.
When you’re ready, we would also love for you to be a part of our community. Please comment on posts, become an active member of our social media community and/or email to find out ways you can contribute your own designs or tutorials to the GoMediaZine, brought to you by Go Media, the go to source to build a website in Northeast Ohio and beyond.
With hundreds of posts in our archives sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin. Our Start Here page is a great place to get started. This page holds 7 quick guides to becoming the creative you’ve always dreamed you’d be. You’ve landed on one of these lists so let’s get started, shall we? Most Popular Posts
A Graphic Designer’s Guide to Pricing
How to Charge For Your Graphic Design Work (& Get What You Deserve)
Answers to Your Top Questions About Pricing Your Design Work
Branding: More Than Just a Logo
Logo Design vs. Branding – what’s the difference?
From Sketch to Vector Illustration
Gigposter Design: The New Sex
How to Create Explosive Typographic Effects in Cinema 4D
Create a Dream Design with 3D Typography
How to Set up Your Wacom for Awesome Results
How to Create Photorealistic T-Shirt Mockup
Comic Book Style Graphic Design
Old School Type – Line Gradients
Easy to Accomplish VSCO Cam Effect in Photoshop
Distressing Techniques in Adobe Illustrator
Illustrator and Photoshop Tutorial: Create a Cool Occult LP Jacket with the Occult Symbols Vector Collection!
Tutorial – Lines & Dots: How to Make Quick and Easy Patterns in AI
6 Essentials to Setting Up Your Illustrator Documents
Step by Step: Using the Vector Packs
How to Get Your Apparel Line into Retail Stores
Tutorial: Pro Tips on Preparing Artwork for T-Shirt Printing
The Fundamentals of Great T-Shirt Design
Top Social Media Hashtags for Designers