With the 5th annual Weapons of Mass Creation Fest (you’re invited!) coming up fast on August 15-17, Hotels are booking fast. We need to to post a special announcement from WMC Fest Speaker Co-Director Margot Harrington:
So pleased to see the early excitement for WMC Fest 2014! As some of you may know, we are sharing Cleveland this weekend with the Gay Games – which’ll be great for the city, but complicated for booking accommodations. At the time of writing this, the Cleveland Hostel was already nearly booked. The Hyatt Regency, our usual go-to hotel, has raised their rates this year so here are a few more mid-range hotel and B&B options for your sleepy heads.
Also, don’t forget to check airbnb too! Bunk up with your buddies if you can, as it will be likely needed, as well as carpooling to and from the venue to hotels. We urge you to book asap, even if you haven’t fully committed to coming in August. We will certainly be able to find a taker for your room if you need to cancel.
Thanks so much, and hope to see you in August!
Top Hotel Alternatives for WMC Fest 5
- Marriott Downtown, Key Center $159
- Courtyard Marriot Cleveland University: $179
- Holiday Inn Express, Downtown Cleveland: $174
- Glidden House, $184 or $165 if booked with AAA
- Wallace Manor B&B: from $115-125. Only three rooms.
- The Brownstone Inn Downtown $65-$95
- J Palen House: $159-$229 and a couple of cottage options for groups.
- Sunset Shores B & B from $90-$160 (Captain’s Suite, y’all!!)
- Riverside Gables B & B: $120-$165
- The Alcazar: $89-$179
- La Quinta Airport North: $141
- DoubleTree: $169, $118 if booked in advance
- Comfort Inn Cleveland Airport
- Hampton Inn Cleveland Airport
If you know of any other options, or want to offer up your place to stay, post in the comments!
Head to the WMC Fest page here: WMC Fest.com