Busy, Busy, Busy
We’ve been busy, busy, busy over here at Go Media. Our new Sales Manager, Jenny and Go Media Founder, Bill will be heading up a booth (#33) at the COSE Small Business Convention at Kalahari this Thursday and Friday, and they will be handing out popcorn in the colorful bags you see up top. So stop by and say “hi” and walk away eating some tasty Campbell’s Popcorn!
Mockup Everything has been moving full speed ahead so keep a lookout for 5 new “outdoor” templates to be added at the end of the month. The Arsenal has a special deal all week long: Snag the Halloween Bundle for only $9.99. That’s 228 vectors for under $10! The following vector packs are included to help you create some spooktacular designs:
- Blood Drips
- Flock of Birds
- Guts & Slime
- Tattered Scrolls
- Hand Drawn Skulls
- Grunge Drips
On The Map Series 2
We’ve been ramping up for a big event, On The Map Series 2 Premiere Screening Party! If this is the 1st time you’ve heard of the On The Map (OTM) series, then you are missing out on seeing videos featuring the hottest businesses in Cleveland. Chris Comella, the creator, director, and innovator of the On The Map series, shines a spotlight on innovative entrepreneurs and organizations in the Cleveland area. And we invite you to celebrate with us at our warehouse offices in Ohio City on Friday, November 9th. Join us to eat, drink, watch the video release, meet fellow Clevelanders, and even put your business or organization on the map!
- WHO: Go Media
- WHAT: 2nd Annual On the Map Video Series Release Event
- WHEN: Friday, November 9th, 2012, 5:00pm – 9:00pm
- WHERE: Go Media, 4507 Lorain Ave., Cleveland, Ohio 44102
- CONTACT: Chris Comella, Go Media | 216-939-0000 x229
Businesses Featured Include
OTM Series 2 Trailer
For a sneak peak at this year’s screening, check out the video below.
Want to Contribute to the Zine?
- Have an interesting design story to tell?
- Want to be featured on the GoMediaZine?
- Well, then contact the GoMediaZine manager, Marissa Mele at email@example.com for more info.
What the Team Has Been Up To
- Arsenal and Shirt Mockup customer service.
- Signing us up for the COSE energy efficiency program.
- Proofreading zine posts and Arsenal email campaigns.
- Finished transcribing for Bill’s book.
- Wrote articles for the GoMediaZine:
- What’s Go Media Been Up To? – September 2012,
- 52 Shades of Greed,
- Brand Building Workshop with Bill Beachy,
- 58 Beautiful Branding Layouts,
- Cards Against Humanity,
- Snag the New Book & Magazine Mockup Templates for only $10,
- Episode 2: The Commoditization of Design & a Good Customer Experience,
- Gum Cards by James White,
- Steampunk Series: Machinery Vector Pack (Freebie Inside),
- 60 Creative & Inspiring Illustrations,
- 15 Design Podcasts You SHOULD Be Listening To,
- On The Map Series 2, and
- Come Out to William Beachy’s Brand Building Workshop.
- Finding cool articles, images, and videos for the Go Media Facebook Page, the Go Media Arsenal Facebook Page, the Go Media Twitter Account, and the Go Media Pinterest Page.
- Reviewing resumes, cover letters, and portfolios of applicants for our open position: Junior Level Designer.
- Assisted with the release of Arsenal products: Machinery Vector Pack, Book & Magazine Mockup Templates and Video: Hand Illustration for T-Shirts pt 2 of 3.
- Reading articles and ebooks on Social Media Marketing.
- Curating the Flickr Pool and published the October 2012 – Flickr Pool Showcase on the zine.
- Curating the Go Media Guest Pinner Board on Pinterest and published the 2nd Showcase on the zine.
- Created calendar for releases on Mockup Everything through December 2013.
- Assisted with and managed the creation of 5 Outdoor Templates for Mockup Everything (keep a lookout for them at the end of October).
- Responded to customer inquiries, requests, and suggestions for Mockup Everything through the Get Satisfaction Community page.
- Storefront Renovations
- Goldman Sachs 10,000 small businesses program – financials + dashboards
- UI/UX design for the management component of a website
- Energy Bar Package Design
- Website for a printing company
- Storefront Renovation – ALMOST DONE with quote collections!!!
- Sealed, stamped and mailed all our winter marketing mailers
- Attended a COSE small business workshop with Bill & Marissa
- Had a couple kick-off meetings to start new projects with some great clients
- Compiled and wrote our September monthly report
- Trying out gantter.com to streamline some of our project management systems and to better outline resource allocation
- Went to a delicious lunch at Superior Pho with some of the crew – yum!
- Worked on a logos for a military inspired clothing brand and an alternative tea company.
- Did an ad for Getn2it, a way for local publications to added concert listings to their sites.
- Attended and provided mentorship at Bizdom and Bad Girl Ventures here in Cleveland.
- Finished the monogram for A.R.S.
- Added “Top Fan” functionality to our Facebook pages.
- Worked on updating the WMC Fest 2013 sponsorship deck.
- Joined a new band (we have yet to come up with a name) but we’re a 3-piece playing some variety of punk rock yet to be determined.
- Installed a breakdance floor in my basement and started training again with bboy Swift-Ali.
- Churning out proposals and taking care of clients!
- Growing the Go Media Extended Family tree – a cross promotion & sales network for complementary service providers.
- Working with area business incubators such as Bizdom and Bad Girl Ventures – mentoring and coaching start up businesses.
- Reaching out to our existing and preferred customers to offer 25% off retainer services and an additional 10% off projects started in October.
- Helping to promote the On The Map event to clients and the general public.
- Preparing our display for the COSE Small Business Convention at Kalahari this Thursday and Friday – we’ll be at booth 33.
- Expanding our sales team.