Hello all loyal zine readers. Yes, you’re loyal, because this is the first post in two weeks or so. We’ve been slacking on the zine, which sucks I know. We are always looking for great content writers, so if you think you could contribute, send us an email. However, I was super busy the past few weeks getting other stuff done. Check out the list and images after the post:
- Shirt design for Year of the Beard – a charity to help fight domestic violence. My friend Andy is behind it and he also plays in the band Vietnam Werewolf which if you remember, I did a tee for them last summer.
- Two shirts for Fright Rags. One for the film Eraserhead and another for Phenomena. These were high intensity illustrated tees. I wasn’t happy with the coloring job on my Phenomena tee so I’m going to collab with the great Ray Frenden. I can’t wait to see how the colors turn out. You can see my not so colored version below.
- Shirts for Michael Buble for Warner Bros. Records.
- Shirts for Tallenete Drill Team.
- Completed the DVD packaging for Catfish with Falcon Wings, a film EP of sorts from director Jason La Ray Keener. He’s someone to keep an eye out for in the next 5 years! He’s shown a few of his filmmaker colleagues and hopefully I will land more projects for them!
- Had a meeting with some filmmakers about their high school wrestling documentary called Pinned. It should screen at some of the major film festivals in 2010. We are in talks about doing the key art and all the design of the marketing materials they’ll need for the entire 2010 festival run. We’re stoked on that. Haven’t seen the doc yet, but we have a screening of it this month. The way they described it makes it sound awesome. One of the dads in the film has his son wrestle a bear for practice!
- The artist Whyball has put together a pack of brilliant hand drawn renderings of wings for a future “Raster Pack” that should go on sale this month.
- I was interviewed by Justin Silverman of the NY Post about some calling card designs. The published article featured some quotes by me.
- We will be releasing a more urban “baggy” tee template this month by request of a few of our customers. They sent us the exact tees they want modeled and we’ll be happy to release it as a template.
- The Distressed t-shirt templates (from Bare Apparel) are selling well. Those tees are seriously cool, I wear one almost every day now!
- Did a quick 3 minute video tutorial of the Distressed Tees in action.
- Brainstormed ideas for Arsenal 3.0! Adam Wagner has been hard at work with some new designs that are pretty impressive.
- Have been transitioning our Arsenal affiliates over to a new system. We’re using Post Affiliate Pro now and it’s pretty awesome. If you’d like to become an Arsenal Affiliate and make some money with us, we are offering a $5 signup bonus and you start off with 15% comission on every sale. For more info go here.
All these tees are mocked up on our new Distressed Tee templates