Weapons of Mass Creation Fest 8
Hello Arsenal Fans. Did you know that Go Media hold an annual design conference called Weapons of Mass Creation Fest?
Weapons of Mass Creation Fest is the premier art, design, and music conference in the Midwest. We welcome you to join us for this year’s festivities, August 18 – 20th in Lakewood, Ohio. Mahall’s, a west-side Cleveland landmark for bowling, good music, good times, and good fried chicken will be our host. If you love design, music and bowling – get ready to party with us!
Weapons of Mass Creation Fest weekend is full of inspiration, including TED-X style speakers, workshops, panels, a Cleveland Studio tour, art battles, meetups, and more.
This year, some of the featured speakers include:
Reina Takahashi, paper cut artist and illustrator currently working for Facebook
Singaporean immigrant Irwan Awalludin, known for his work providing art direction and design for some of the world’s most influential recording artists, including Ludacris and Wiz Khalifa
Dustin Lee, one of the first designers on Creative Market to make a full-time living selling design goods, having made nearly $1,000,000 in digital goods to date
Ken Schneck, producer and host of This Show is So Gay, the long-running, award-winning radio show and podcast, who will be hosting a panel entitled, “How to Practice Understanding.”
Lenny Terenzi, WMC Fest speaker alum, designer and illustrator of Hey! Monkey Design will be our emcee.
Key events include:
- Ink Wars, an eight-person illustration battle on Friday evening (Interested in participating? Nominate yourself now!)
- A Friday evening meet-up at Old City Libations, winner of tv show Cleveland Hustles
- The Cleveland Studio Tour, which highlights some of the most popular design studios and creative agencies in our city
- 3 workshops, entitled Fire Up Your Creativity, Creative Shock and Design You, A Branding Workshop. Tickets here.
- 2 panels (including “How to Practice Understanding,” which will open up a dialogue about how we can better empathize with one another during these politically charged times, as well as “How to Battle Creative Burnout,” which deals with issues like depression and exhaustion as it relates to loving what you do.)
- 16 speakers
- Vendor village featuring 14 vendors from around the country
- Rebellion Room (a full immersive space which will allow our attendees to get their hands dirty, create and experiment with augmented and virtual reality, including Google Tilt Brush with the crew from CLEVR.)
- Seven bands, including MuAmin Collective and the Punch Drunk Tagalongs
- A bowling tournament
- Food trucks
- A 90’s prom on Saturday evening, which will feature two 90’s inspired bands, bowling and good times with friends
Tickets are on sale now, and 3-day passes will include admittance to all events (with the exception of the workshops, which are ticketed individually), as well as single-day tickets, evening party passes, workshop tickets, and Cleveland Studio Tour tickets.
Arsenal Member? Head here for your promo code.